How to Apply Pan Card Online?
Permanent Account Number, or commonly known as PAN number, is a widely recognized proof of address and photo identity in India. Also, it is an essential part of most of the financial transactions. Irrespective of whether you are liable for paying income tax or not, PAN is mandatory for you. It’s a plastic card displaying your name, PAN number and photo.
- To apply for a PAN card online, you have to visit the NSDL online PAN application site. For that visit the website https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/
- You will find a page “Application for PAN through Online Services”. If you are an Indian native, you have to click on “New PAN for Indian citizens (Form 49A)”. If you are a foreign resident, you have to click on “New PAN for Foreign Citizens (Form 49AA)”.
- Select New PAN for Indian citizens (Form 49A).
- After clicking, a new window will open in front of you stating “Application for New PAN”. You will get three options of Online Application for New PAN (Form 49A), Dos and Don’ts for New PAN Application, and Important Instructions and Guidelines at a glance.
- Go through the guidelines and instructions thoroughly before applying for the PAN. Also, read through the Dos and Don’ts.
- Select “Online application for New PAN (Form 49A)”
- A page stating online application for New PAN (Form 49A) opens. Read the page thoroughly.
- Scroll down to the bottom and you will find “Apply for a new PAN Card”.
- Select the category and choose “Individual”
- This gets you to another window. So you are at online Form 49A. It is the application form for allotment of a new PAN number. You would find the fields to be self-explanatory.
- Fill up all the details Properly
How to Fill AO Details (Assessing Officer) Details
-In order to find out the Area Code, Range Code, AO Type and AO Number, click on the appropriate link under “Don’t know AO details?” After selecting appropriate AO from the list, fill the sections numbered 1 to 16. Now, fill your last name/surname, First name and Middle Name in section 1. Your proof of date of birth, proof of address and proof of identity should exactly match with the one you mention in this field. Accordingly, you proceed till 16.
-Next, you have to enter your depository account details with DP ID and Client ID. Also, select the appropriate mode of payment from the relevant options. For Net Banking, you can also select your bank from the list of banks available. Click on Submit.
-Once to have successfully submit the Pan card form, an online receipt will be generated by them.
-You can take a printout of the receipt. You will find a 15 digit acknowledgement number on your receipt that you can use to track your Pan card status online.
-You can track your status here -> Track your Pan card application status.
-You can even call on their call center number 020-27218080.