Activate Mobile Banking In PNB / Punjab National Bank
PNB mobile banking service allows you operate your bank account as per your convenience. For activation of mobile banking services on your phone, you just need to have an account in Punjab National Bank, a mobile connection as well as a cell phone that supports net services. Mobile Banking allows you to avail banking services 24 hours! You can access bank accounts, and you can see your account balance, transfer funds as well as make bill payments with just your mobile phone in your pocket.
Activation process Mobile Banking in PNB is very easy. First you need to register for Mobile Banking Services by submitting an application form at nearest PNB branch.
PNB Mobile Banking
PNB offers mobile banking in four variants namely, Application based, Browser based, Manual SMS and USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Services Data). For every option there are different pre-requisites- for example- for Browser based option you need to have mobile that supports mini browser and GPRS supporting data plan.
For Application based option you need to have Java (MIDP 2.0 and CLDC 1.1) capable cell phone. This option also needs a GPRS supporting data plan. For SMS Mode, you can use any cell phone which has SMS facility. For every option the services will change. You can have both Application as well as Browser based variant installed on your cell phone. No one other than you can log in with your credentials, that’s how safety is maintained.
Android Users can download PNB mobile banking application from play store by searching PNB mBanking and other users can download the application from https://mobile.netpnb.com. PNB mBanking Play Store Link
Activating PNB Mobile Banking
- Visit https://mobile.netpnb.com
- You need to choose registration option for first time Log in. The process as per the instructions should be followed, and once it is finished, you need to Log off from the account.
- Then you can Login again and you are ready to use mobile banking services.
- You should type credentials as well as mPIN correctly so that services can be availed within no time.
- You need to set your own mPIN yourself while registering and after first time log in you are requested to re-set it by choosing ‘Change mPIN’ option. The mPIN should have four characters which all are numeric.
You can find more information of PNB Mobile Banking at PNB Mobile Banking
All transactions are safe on this service. In thick client SMS mode, outgoing as well as incoming messages get encrypted. In case of thick GPRS, the connection is secured with the help of SSL protocol.